Welcome we are glad you are here!
Welcome to our website! We are a church located in the heart of Edmond. We are traditional but unique. We would love for you to come and worship with us!
- Faith through the Ages Traditional Worship - 8:30 a.m.
Formal services with traditional United Methodist hymns, organ voluntaries and music presented by The Chancel Choir musicians with pastoral preaching.
- Joy in the Morning Worship – 9:45 a.m.
A quiet, gentle service with informal pastoral preaching, prayers and hymns. Children & Youth Sunday School opportunities are also available at this time.
- One in the Spirit Intergenerational Worship – 11:00 a.m.
A vibrant service with traditional hymns, organ voluntaries, music by The Chancel Choir musicians, a children’s ministry of acolytes, children’s moments and pastoral preaching.
- First Kids’ Church - 11:00 service
3 yrs.—5th grade
Children exit after children’s moment or stay with parents. On Communion Sundays, children are brought back in.
- 6:35 pm every Sunday night in our sanctuary. Come and be apart of a very unique and dynamic worship experience.
We are a local church of the United Methodist Church. The United Methodist Church is an 8 million member worldwide denomination which has its roots in England in the 1700′s. While individual United Methodists are not “told” what to believe we have denominational resources that help us form our beliefs.
Our beliefs are those basic to traditional Christianity. The Apostle’s Creed, which was a statement of belief written in early Christianity, is an outline of our basic beliefs. We believe in God the Creator, Jesus the Savior and the Holy Spirit. We believe salvation is a gift “by grace and through faith”. We believe that each Christian is a disciple of Jesus and has ministry gifts needed to strengthen the church and to spread gospel holiness throughout the world.
We believe in all three modes of baptism: sprinkling, pouring and immersion. We believe we receive the sacrament of Holy Communion by grace, and one does not need to be a United Methodist to receive the sacrament. It’s the Lord’s table and not dependent upon age, gender, membership, etc. Here is a web link to the official United Methodist Belief’s page: click here
Our Mission as a congregation:
FIRST U MEET CHRIST…
- Take the good news of Jesus Christ to the world in word and deed.
- Creating healthy lives and families.
Our Mission as a denomination of United Methodists:
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Our Vision as a congregation:
As United Methodists, we will be faithful and active Christians reaching out to people with love and compassion.
Our Target Goals
- Build Christian Community and Ministries.
- Improve Image and Awareness.
- Upgrade Facility, Fixtures, Furniture, Equipment and Information Systems.
Our Core Beliefs and Values
- We believe we are a growing Christian community of people with beliefs and values in common.
- We believe we should serve those in need with our prayers, possessions, care and concern.
- We believe we are to go out into the world with Christian love, gladness and singleness of heart.
- We believe in praising God.
- We believe in bringing people to our Church and to Christ.
- We believe in supporting our church through prayer, presence, service, witness, tithes, and gifts.
- We value exceptional ministers, staff, programs and facilities.
- We value faith in God, hope, peace, charity and stewardship.